- THE COLLECTION
- THE SPIRIT OF THE GALLERY
Necklace composed of 18 tubular olive-green faience pearls, 16 small and 2 large round pearls of irregular shape in blue faience. There is a central faience plate depicting the Udjat eye in relief. The necklace is in an exccelent state of preservation.
This necklace once belonged to Mr. & Mrs. Goddard Dubois, antique dealers. Their Egyptian collection was acquired during their many trips to Egypt in the early 20th century. This collection was loaned to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York in order to create the “jewelry room” in 1919. This necklace was exhibited there from 1920 until 1935. It was then loaned to the Boston Museum of Art where it was put on display from 1945 to 1965. The entire collection was also exhibited at the San Diego Museum of Man (CA-USA) in 1968